The Catholic Parish of Riedersbach
The history of the Riedersbach Parish is closely linked to the mine in Trimmelkam. As miners settled in the Riedersbach community, the need arose to establish a pastoral center. The founder of the parish was Fr. Josef Meindl, S.J., who first came to Riedersbach at Easter 1951 to minister to the emerging settlement and establish a parish.
On May 11, 1952, the first Mass was celebrated in Riedersbach, specifically in the attic of Block IX. Beginning in November 1952, Mass was held in a brickworkers’ barrack belonging to the Preisinger company. On July 2, 1953, construction of the church began according to the plans of architect Karl von Tobisch-Labotyn. By Christmas 1953, Mass was already being celebrated in the adjoining parish hall. An important phase of construction was completed with the raising of the cross on the tower on June 4, 1854. On October 2, 1955, the church was consecrated by the then Coadjutor Bishop Dr. Franz Zauner.
With the consecration of the bells on November 17, 1957, Riedersbach was elevated to the status of a parish branch, which attained full legal status in 1962 and thus became independent. Today, the church in Riedersbach presents itself to visitors as simple, bright, and inviting—a place for quiet prayer and contemplation.
Please get in touch for more information.